We want you to enjoy your silk for as long as possible so we have highlighted the best way to wash silk pillowcases, how to clean silk scarves, and how to iron silk in our care instructions below.
- Hand washing your silk is highly recommended in order to ensure long-term use.
- If machine washing, place your silk in a mesh laundry bag prior to loading in the machine.
- Machine wash on cold or in lukewarm water.
- Use a mild soap or a mild pH neutral laundry detergent without harsh chemicals and enzymes or any detergent that specifically mentions silk.
- No bleach.
- Air dry.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- If required, turn pillowcase inside out to iron on very low heat while slightly damp.
- Take care not to wash your silk in warm or hot water
- Heat will dramatically change the fabric.
- Harsh detergents will also change the look and feel of the fabric.
- Avoid mixing or washing with items that have hooks or Velcro in order to avoid snagging.
There are no products to list in this category.